I’m not really a baker so I can’t take credit for this recipe. I just took two recipes I found on Pinterest to make this delicious combination. Here are the recipes, I promise they are easy enough for amateurs.
3 c All Purpose Flour
2 c Sugar
1/2 c Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt
2 c Hot Water
3/4 c Vegetable Oil
2 T Distilled White Vinegar
1 T Vanilla Extract
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8 inch cake pans.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together the water, oil vinegar, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Whisk until just combined. There will be a few lumps.
- Divide batter between your two greased pans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, just until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes in the pans on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Then flip them over on the rack to get the pan off. Leave the cake upside down. This helps flatten the domed cake.
Here’s the cake source from Pinterest, http://the-polka-dot-umbrella.blogspot.com/2011/04/mothers-week-german-chocolate-cake.html?m=1
- Unsalted Butter, Softened – 1 Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 (16 Ounce) Packages
- Fresh Strawberries, Finely Chopped – 1 Cup
In a large bowl, beat the butter at medium until it’s pale yellow and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and strawberries and beat at low until well combined and creamy.
Here’s the source from Pinterest, http://www.gonnawantseconds.com/2014/07/strawberry-triple-layer-cake/